Welcome to E-Z Self Storage
Offering 1-2 months free for a limited time! Ask for details. We have clean, affordable storage facilities serving both Ocean County New Jersey and Monmouth County New Jersey. Our storage facilities feature convenient access 7-days a week, online bill pay, climate controlled and standard units, and all our units are ground-level units.
2299 Route 9 North
Howell, NJ 07731
925 New Hampshire Ave
Lakewood, NJ 08701
Do you need packing or moving supplies? No problem! We have many common moving necessities in stock right in our offices. Below are some of the items we sell. Stop in to one of our locations for prices:
- Waredrobe boxes
- Bubble wrap
- Packing peanuts and other packing materials
- Mattress Covers
- And much more
We know moving or storing your extra household or business items can be a chore, but we want to make your experience as E-Z as possible. We've added some of our tried and true storage tips here for your convenience:
- Invest in good quality sturdy boxes and packing materials - box strength degrades with use
- Buy boxes in similar sizes and shapes to make it easier to stack them in your storage unit
- Fill boxes to capacity wherever possible to avoid breakages but be sure to leave enough room for packing material to protect the contents from damage
- Label all boxes clearly and on more than one side
- Mark 'Fragile' on any boxes containing breakable items
- Avoid making your boxes too heavy - remember you'll have to be able to lift them
- Don't pack items into sealed plastic bags, as humidity can cause mold and mildew to grow
- Storing wet items can cause water damage, mold, or mildew - be sure to thoroughly dry any items that come in contact with water or were recently washed
- Electrical equipment such as TVs, stereos and computers should be packed in their original boxes wherever possible
- Chairs can be stacked seat to seat to save space
- Don't store vacuum cleaners with the bag in - bacteria, mold, or mildew can grow in the bag if left for long periods of time
- Treat leather items with a leather conditioner before you store them
- Store your largest and heaviest items first
- Try to assess what you'll need to access frequently and keep it at the front of your unit
- In medium or larger units, try to leave yourself an aisle to get to your items in the back
- To save space, store smaller items in drawers of furniture or any hollow space
Here are some commonly asked questions. If you have a question that is not answered here, or you need more information, please contact us at one of our locations. We are happy to assist you.
- Q What documentation do I need to rent a unit?
- A You need a valid driver’s license or government ID to rent a unit.
- Q Are there any fees at time of move-in?
- A There is a $20.00 (plus tax) administrative fee charged at time of move-in.
- Q What is the minimum time period for a lease?
- A Our leases are month-to-month. We do not require any long-term committment beyond a month.
- Q What are my payment options?
- A You may pay by cash, check or credit card. Payment can be made online or over the phone with a credit card. Auto pay is also available.
- Q Will I get a refund if I move out mid-month?
- A No, we do not prorate the rental period or provide refunds.
- Q Am I required to purchase insurance for my storage unit?
- A We do not require insurance however it is available for purchase for your convenience.
- Q What times of day am I able to access my unit?
- A Gate access hours are 6:00am - 10:00pm 7 days a week. If you need to make a payment or need assistance, please stop by during our office hours.
- Q Do I need to provide my own lock?
- A Yes, you must provide your own lock. EZ Self Storage is not responsible for the loss of items if you choose not to lock your unit. For your convenience, we offer a variety of locks available for purchase in our office.
- Q Do you provide moving carts or dollies?
- A Yes, our carts and dollies are available for our current tenants to use during office hours at no charge.
- Q Can I purchase boxes and other moving products?
- A Yes, we have a variety of moving and packing products available for sale in our office.
- Q When does my lease start?
- A Your monthly lease begins the day that you move in.
- Q Can I transfer to a different size unit if I need more or less space?
- A Yes, you can transfer to a larger or smaller unit depending on unit availability.
- Q What’s the difference between Climate Controlled units and outside units?
- A Climate controlled units are heated and air-conditioned and located inside the buildings. The outside units are not heated or air-conditioned but you are able to drive right up to the unit.
- Q How do I access the property?
- A You can access the property through our automated gate system with your unique pin code.